Australia is the largest island and the smallest continent in the world. It lies between the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean. It is about 11,000 kilometers southwest of North America and 3,200 kilometers southeast of mainland Asia.
Australia is blessed with a climate that ranges from temperate to tropic. Situated in the Southern Hemisphere, its summer months are around Jan-Feb and their winter in June-July. The land supports a variety of natural geographical features- sandy beaches, rain forests, deserts, mountains, lakes and rivers. This is turn allows a plethora of flora and fauna to flourish. This large island sustains a wide range of animals – from the humble sheep and cattle to the exotic koalas, wallabies, kangaroos and pandas that are unique to this country.
On occasion though, Australia is known to face natural calamities such as flash floods, earthquakes and very hot, dry spells that could lead to bush fires. It is for this very reason that the Australians are constantly fighting to ensure the environment is well looked after and not abused.
The present population of Australia is approximately 22.7 million. New South Wales is the most populous of the states. As is the case almost everywhere in the world, the urban population far outnumbers the rural numbers.
On an average, the Australians enjoy a very good standard of living further enhanced by a relaxed lifestyle giving equal importance to work and play. There is no dearth of educational and the employment opportunities to the right candidate and this ensures the standard is maintained.
Australia student visa
The Roshni Consultant Resettlement Solutions is a one-stop education center for students who wish to study in Australia. Our team of expert consultants provides students with services like visa processing, eligibility assessment and application processing- services that help them get through the entire Australian Student Visa process in a hassle-free way.
Australia is a blend of contemporary cities, majestic landscapes and a well-acknowledged education system, Australia is among world’s leading countries to live and pursue tertiary studies in. With TRC, you get years of diverse experience and know-how that ensure expedited processing of a Student Visa to Australia.
Australian Student Visa Requirements
When applying for student visa, you will have to provide evidence of the following:-
- Financial requirements – evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, travel and living expenses. If you have dependents (spouse and children) travelling with you, you will have to show an evidence of being able to cover living expenses for all.
- English proficiency – It is mandatory for all students to prove their proficiency in English language via a good IELTS/TOEFL score
- Health requirements – Some students may have to undergo medical checkups to show they are in good health. If asked, you need to submit your test reports with a doctor’s prescription claiming your good health.
- Character requirements – All students applying for the Student Visa to Australia are assessed against the character requirements which include a criminal record check and getting a police clearance, to make sure they do not have a substantial criminal record.
Document Check List
While applying for a Student Visa for study in Australia, make sure of having the following in your document file.
- Visa application form
- Visa application fees
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (once your consultant has applied to institutions)
- IELTS result (average score 5.5 Bands)
- Prior academic study documents
- Any prior work experience
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability
Advantages of Study Visa
There are a number of advantages of your Australian Student Visa.
- Study – But Ofcourse, it allows you to take up tertiary studies in the country and gain knowledge
- Work – While pursuing education in the country, you can work for 40 hours per fortnight during regular semester classes and work full time during vacations.
- Post Study Work – Australia allows students 31 years old and above to legally work and apply for permanent residency.
- Visitor – While your study in Australia, your close family members as dependents can also stay with you.
Rejection of Student Visa
All students wanting to study in Australia have to undergo an assessment under Genuine Temporary Entrant to check whether the prospective students are genuinely coming for pursue education or using the visa for some other personal purpose. Here is a list of factors studied by the immigration officers of Australia before considering or rejecting the application:-
- Previous study record and relevance of course applied
- Previous immigration history
- Gap between previous studies and intended study
- Reason behind choosing intended course, institutions and Australia for studies
- Financial background
- Economic, social and political background of native country