If you are one of those who seek a high quality of life above anything else, Canada is the place for you. It has been consistently ranked by the UN as the number one country in the world to live in. Having a large Asian Diaspora of students, Canada offers a truly international educational experience.
Furthermore, the Canadian degree or diploma is instantly recognized around the world as being of the highest standard. And you get all this at a remarkably low cost…..both in terms of cost of education and the cost of living. Tuition fees for international students in Canada are much lower than comparable countries.
With over 90 universities and 150 colleges and technical institutes, featuring virtually every program imaginable, Canada may just be the place of your dreams.
Student Visa Canada
All overseas students are required to obtain a Student Authorization and Visa before going to Canada for studies. Students must also meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations. Under normal circumstances, allow at least two months for your visa to be processed.
Visa and Student Authorization Procedure
Submit the completed application kit to the immigration section of the Canadian High commission. Please note that all the documents submitted, must be either original or photocopies notarized and witnessed by a notary public or a magistrate or the Canadian Immigration Officer, and be accompanied by a duplicate copy.
Canada Visa Requirements
International students are required to obtain a Study Permit before going to Canada. The student can apply for Study permit under the Student Partners Program (SPP) of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges and the Canadian Immigration Programs in New Delhi and Chandigarh. To qualify for Study Permit Application under SPP the student should hold an unconditional offer letter from one of the universities / colleges that are included under this scheme. SPP is currently open to Indian nationals only. Allow atleast two months for your Visa to be processed.
Documents Checklist for SPP (STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM):
1) SPP Checklist – Attach THIS checklist as a cover sheet to your application.
2) Application form fully completed (all questions answered), dated and signed, indicating your personal mailing address, reliable phone contact, and your personal email address (if you agree to e-mail communications).
3) Original, valid passport for yourself, as well as a photocopy of the bio data page
4) Family Information Form and Student Questionnaire (leaving no gaps).
5) Two passport photographs with a white background for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. The photographs should have your name printed on the back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.
6) Letter of Acceptance from your SPP educational institute in Canada stating unconditional admission, course title, duration of study, level of study, start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission.
7) Use of a Representative form (if applicable)
8) IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 6.0, with no individual band lower than 5.5.
9) Photocopy of the most recent diploma/leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable)
10) Copy of receipts for tuition payment provided by the SPP institution.
11) Proof of funds: You MUST demonstrate the purchase of a special (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada. Please consult page 2 for information on how to obtain a GIC. Official GIC document is mandatory.
12) Copy of medical examination form.